Graduate Student Algebraic Topology Seminar, Fall 2013
Meeting time and location
The seminar will meet in Hill 423, Thursdays 3:45–5:00.
We gratefully thank the Math GSO and the Rutgers GSA for providing dinner at this seminar.
Information about this seminar is also listed on the math department's seminar page.
| Date || Speaker || Title of Talk |
|9/5 || Glen Wilson || Organizational Meeting |
|9/12 ||Knight Fu ||Model categories, Part 1 |
|9/19 || Knight Fu ||Model categories, Part 2 |
|9/26 ||Glen Wilson|| Spectra, Brown representability, homology, and cohomology|
|10/3||Glen Wilson|| Spectra, Brown representability, homology, and cohomology|
|10/10 ||Jonathan Jaquette ||Principal bundles, classifying spaces |
|10/17 ||Jonathan Jaquette ||Characteristic classes |
|10/24|| Ed Chien ||Khovanov cohomology|
|10/31|| Ed Chien ||Khovanov cohomology|
|11/7|| Doug Schultz ||Gauge theory|
|11/14|| Justin Bush ||Conley theory|
|11/21|| Justin Bush ||Conley theory continued|
|11/21 || Glen Wilson ||Cobordism theories|
Spectra, generalised homology and cohomology, general reference
- Adams, Stable Homotopy and Generalised Homology.
- Adams, Algebraic Topology—A Student's Guide.
- Brown, Cohomology Theories.
- Hatcher, Spectral Sequences in Algebraic Topology.
- Hovey, Shipley, Smith Symmetric Spectra.
- Hovey; Palmieri; Strickland, Axiomatic stable homotopy theory.
- Switzer, Algebraic Topology--Homology and Homotopy.
- Hess, Model Categories in Algebraic Topology.
- Hovey, Model categories.
- Quillen, Homotopical Algebra.
- May, More concise algebraic topology.
- Freyd, P. Homotopy is not concrete.
Characteristic classes, cobordism theory
- Bott; Tu, Differential Forms in Algebraic Topology.
- Milnor; Stasheff, Characteristic Classes.
- Milnor, Construction of Universal Bundles, II
- Mitchell, Stephen, Notes on principal bundles and classifying spaces.
- Ravenel, Complex Cobordism and Stable Homotopy Groups of Spheres.
- Stong, Notes on Cobordism Theory.
Simplicial algebraic topology and general reference
- Weibel, Homological Algebra.
- May, Simplicial objects in algebraic topology.
- Bar-Natan, Khovanov's homology for tangles and cobordisms