Teaching, Mentoring, and Service
In Fall 2022 I am on sabbatical sabbatical at SLMath/MSRI co-running the Floer Homotopy Theory Program. I am (normally) an organizer of the Rutgers Topology/Geometry Seminar and math department coordinator for the DIMACS REU.
- Math 354, Section 04: Linear Optimization
- Math 540: Algebraic Topology I (Rutgers, Fall 2021)
- Math 311: Introduction to Real Analysis (Rutgers, Spring 2021)
- Math 540: Algebraic Topology I (Rutgers, Fall 2020)
- Math 549: Lie Groups (Rutgers, Spring 2020)
- Math 135: Calculus I (Rutgers, Fall 2019)
- Math 310: Abstract Algebra I and Number Theory (MSU, Spring 2019)
- Math 327H: Honors Introduction to Analysis (MSU, Fall 2018)
- Math 996: Special Topics in Topology (MSU, Spring 2018)
- Math 320: Analysis I (MSU, Fall 2017)
- Math 254H: Honors Multivariable Calculus (MSU, Fall 2017)
- Math 961: Algebraic Topology II (MSU, Spring 2017)
- Math 132, Section 045: Calculus I (MSU, Fall 2016)
- Math 131A: Analysis (UCLA, Spring 2016)
- Math 115A: Linear Algebra (UCLA, Winter 2016)
- Math 32B: Calculus of Several Variables (UCLA, Winter 2016)
- Math 32A: Calculus of Several Variables (UCLA, Fall 2015)
- Math 227A: Algebraic Topology II (UCLA, Spring 2015)
- Math 131A: Analysis. (UCLA, Winter 2015)
- Math 120A: Differential Geometry. (UCLA, Fall 2014)
- Math 1: Precalculus. (UCLA, Fall 2014)
- Math 131B: Analysis. (UCLA, Spring 2014)
- Math 31B: Calculus II. (UCLA, Winter 2014)
- Math 131B: Analysis. (UCLA, Winter 2014)
- Math 131A: Analysis. (UCLA, Fall 2013)
- Math S110D.I: Calculus II (Columbia University, Summer 2011)
- Math V1101.12: Calculus I (Columbia University, Fall 2010)
Undergraduate research supervision through Rutgers's DIMACS REU:
- A. Mallick (Starting Fall 2022).
- K. Raoux (co-supervised with M. Hedden, Fall 2017-Spring 2021). Currently a postdoctoral fellow at the Max Planck Institute.
Undergraduate research supervision through MSU's Exchange Research Program:
- Relationships between combinatorial knot invariants, Summer 2021.
- Algebraic invariants of pretzel knots, Summer 2020. This project led to this paper, now published by Journal of Knot Theory and its Ramifications.
Undergraduate research supervision as a TA for the Columbia Topology REU:
- Combinatorial knot Floer homology and immersed curves, Fall 2017. Co-mentored with K. Raoux.
- Heegaard Floer Homology and the Fundamental Group, Summer 2013. Project Head: Jen Hom. This project led to this paper.
- Knot Floer Homology and Concordance, Summer 2012. Project Heads: Jen Hom and Peter Horn.
- Knot Floer Homology: Properties and Computations, Summer 2011. Project Head: Jen Hom. This project led to this paper.
Past organizational roles:
- In Summer 2018 and 2019 I ran a weeklong free-for-the-participants Girls' Topology Camp for middle school aged girls at MSU. This program will run again at Rutgers at such time as covid protocols allow it.
- In Spring 2018 I presented at the Spartan Girls' Math and Science Day.
- From April-October 2020 I co-organized the Trends in Low-Dimensional Topology Seminar.
- From Fall 2016-Spring 2019 I co-organized the MSU Geometry and Topology Seminar.
- In Spring 2015 I organized the UCLA Topology Seminar.
- From Fall 2011 to Spring 2013, I co-organized the Columbia Graduate Topology Seminar.