Welcome to the official site of the Rutgers chapter of the AWM! Formed from the long-running Math Women's Tea Group, this chapter was founded in 2018 by a group of graduate students with the goal of organizing activities to encourage participation of women and girls in the mathematical sciences.
Membership is open to students of all genders. If you would like to join or receive news of upcoming meetings and events, email Corrine Yap.
- Thursday, April 25: Lunch with Berit Stensones, invited speaker for the Rutgers Complex Analysis seminar
- Wednesday, April 17: AWM PD Lunch Series - How to Ask Questions
- Friday, March 15: Annual Open House Tea
- Thursday, March 7: AWM PD Lunch Series - Elevator Pitch Workshopping (with invited faculty input)
- Thursday, February 14: AWM PD Lunch Series (Professional Development for Grad Students and Post-Docs) - Elevator Pitch Brainstorming
- Tuesday, November 27: Lunch with Kristina Plazonic, director of the Rutgers Office of Advanced Research Computing.
- Thursday, October 18: Graduate student and post-doc lunch
- Monday, September 17: First meeting of the school year!
- Wednesday, May 2nd: Lunch with Loredana Lanzani, invited speaker for the Rutgers Complex Analysis seminar.
- Saturday, April 28th: Rutgers Day "Women and Math"-themed booth and a performance of Corrine Yap's solo show, Uniform Convergence.
- Friday, April 13th: Lunch event as part of the 2018 AGNES conference.
- Wednesday, March 28th: Lunch with Ana-Maria Castravet, invited speaker for the algebra seminar.
- Friday, March 9th: Women's Tea for the Graduate Student Open House. A casual meeting of current and prospective graduate students along with faculty. Tea and snacks will be provided.
- Monday, February 26th: Lunch with Rohini Ramadas, invited speaker for the Rutgers Algebra Seminar.