640:421 - Advanced Calculus for Engineering
Rutgers University, Spring 2015
Anders Buch (asbuch at math dot rutgers period edu)
TF2, Tuesday and Friday 10:20 - 11:40 AM in TIL-257 (LIV)
NOTE: Office hours on 5/12 are in Hill 423.
Course web site:
Zill and Wright, Advanced Engineering Mathematics
(5th ed., ISBN 13: 978-1-4496-7977-4)
Tuesday 1:30-2:30 PM and Wednesday 12:30-1:30 PM in Hill 234.
- Midterm 1, Tuesday March 3 in class, 20%
- Midterm 2, Tuesday April 14 in class, 20%
- Final Exam, Wednesday May 13, 8:00-11:00 AM in TIL-257, 40%
- Weekly Homeworks, 20% total.
1) Late homework is not accepted.
2) It is fine to discuss the problems with others, but writeups must
be individual. If you have received help for solving a problem, then
cite your source(s).
Homework assignments will appear on the course web site.
Assigned homework sets:
Homework set 1 due February 6 in class.
Homework set 2 due February 13 in class.
Homework set 3 due February 20 in class.
Homework set 4 due February 27 in class.
Practice problems 5. Do not turn in.
Homework set 6 due March 13 in class.
Homework set 7 due March 27 in class.
Homework set 8 due April 7 in class.
Homework set 9 due April 10 in class.
Practice problems 10. Do not turn in.
Homework set 11 due April 28 in class.
Practice problems 12. Do not turn in.