Mathematics 136: Calculus II
Rutgers University, Fall 2011
Anders Buch (asbuch at math dot rutgers period edu)
MTh2, Monday and Thursday 10:55 AM - 12:15 PM in Cook/Douglass Lecture Hall, Room 102
Course web site:
Strauss, Bradley, Smith, CALCULUS, Vol. 2, Revised Second Custom Edition for Math 136 and Math 138, Pearson Custom Publishing.
Tuesday 3:30-4:30 and
Friday 2:00-3:00 in Hill 234.
We will roughly follow the Departmental Syllabus except that the midterms are on different days.
- Midterm 1, Thursday October 6 in class, 20%
- Midterm 2, Monday November 7 in class, 20%
- Final exam, Monday December 19, 4:00-7:00 pm, in RAB 001, 40% (Announcement)
- Homework: 10%
- Quizzes: 10%
Midterm 1 curve:
Approximate grades are F < 27 <= D < 39 <= C < 61 <= B < 86 <= A.
Average score was 65.
Midterm 2 curve:
Approximate grades are F < 17 <= D < 25 <= C < 43 <= B < 57 <= A.
1) Late homework is not accepted.
2) It is fine to discuss the problems with others, but writeups must
be individual. If you have received help for solving a problem, then
cite your source(s).
3) It is acceptable to submit homework by email if
these instructions are followed.
Homework assignments will appear on the course web site.
Assigned homework sets:
Homework set 1 due September 15 in class.
Homework set 2 due September 22 in class.
Homework set 3 due September 29 in class.
Homework set 4 due October 20 in class.
Homework set 5 due November 3 in class.
Homework set 6 due December 1 in class.
Homework set 7 due December 8 in class.